Being effective in virtual settings is critical. After reviewing many articles and web-related resources, Sicora Consulting has enhanced our effective in-person sessions to dynamic virtual events. Our programs offer strategies and processes that encourage the following:
1. Incorporate virtual interactions to continue conversations with one another. Virtual sessions allow your team to stay connected, problem-solve, and continue professional development while engaging with one another without travel. As you switch to virtual communications, meaningfully connections are created through video calls, follow-up activities, and mobile tools that encourage conversations.
2. Promote experiences that focus on employee engagement. Emotions run high during times of crisis, making soft skills more important than ever. To address fear and anxiety, effective leaders listen actively, show empathy, and meet the personal and practical needs of each person. Our programs identify soft skills for first-timers creating a new level of awareness, and act as a meaningful refresher for those who have received training in the past. Select from a mix of micro-courses, simulations, web-based training, or virtual sessions.
3. Develop skills to improve virtual leadership. As some organizations shift to having more people work from home, individuals may need to change their approach to lead virtually effectively. Working remotely has been a factor in the organizations for years, but teams still struggle with constructive virtual meetings and other workplace practices.
4. Take advantage of developmental opportunities when time did not permit in the past. During a crisis, some parts of an organization may be busier than ever, while others may grind to a halt. In organizations where workstreams are halted, leaders and their teams may be able to help other parts of the organization by taking advantage of development opportunities that may have not been a priority.
As we detour from daily office interactions, continuing to develop your staff creates normalcy and maintains a positive trajectory within your organization. Additionally, your staff will be better equipped and prepared to take on future challenges.
Top Five Advantages of Virtual Learning:
- Convenience and Flexibility
- Increased Participation and Engagement
- Immediate Feedback
- Knowledge Retention
For these and other reasons, Sicora Consulting has developed a series of virtual learning options for leaders and staff members during this time of change and uncertainty.