What is Leadership Coaching?
Effectiveness and success relies on both having expertise in the domain you are responsible for and the elusive quality of "leadership". You and your coach will determine the leadership qualities that will make the biggest difference for you if attended to. That could be:
1) Own It - Owning your role and outcomes, taking responsibility for your self, your team and your impact. You may learn personal techniques of self management and emotional intelligence as well as visioning, strategic thinking or goal setting.
2) Do It - Executing more effectively; defining clear roles and responsibilities; prioritizing; delegating; and managing processes, projects and workflows.
3) Share it - Collaborating with others, developing skills in influence, effective communications, partnering and stakeholder management.
What Your Coaches Will Do
- Serve as a sounding board—listening intently, challenging thinking, asking tough questions, and offering new perspectives
- Share best practices and experience
- Provide feedback—their own and through Optify or third-party assessments
- Turn the job into a laboratory for learning by drawing out the leadership lessons from day-to-day actions and events
- Bring a wealth of resources about the discipline of leadership
- Help uncover the assumptions, mindsets, values, beliefs, and attitudes that either serve you in reaching your goals, or get in the way.
- Be your advocate by being 0% judgmental, and 100% committed to your development and success.
- Are professionally trained
- Have experience as leaders, and in learning & development
- Are diverse in work experience, age, gender, geography, ethnicity and style
- Love learning and helping others learn and grow
- You'll have a coach who is a great fit for you and knows how to bring out your best!